From: robert burrell donkin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 2:16 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [VOTE][configuration]Release 1.1

FWIW i've never regretted holding a release and i think the right decision's been made.

- robert

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 19:43, Oliver Heger wrote:

Of course, I don't want to force a release out which is not mature.
Let's hold it.

But I feel a bit disappointed that it seems to be so hard to get the
required three +1s. I think we must be careful that we do not lose our

momentum :-(

Oliver

Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

I'm actually -1 for the release, I dropped the 1.1rc1 jar in my
application yesterday and it broke with an exception related to the configuration reloading stuff. This may be linked to the issue reported by Jurgen Schlierf on the commons-user list. I'd like to investigate this bug before releasing the final 1.1.

Emmanuel Bourg

Oliver Heger wrote:

Hi all,

we need another +1 to get our release out. Nobody?

Oliver

Oliver Heger wrote:

Dear community,

since the 1.0 release of [configuration] a couple of new features
have been added. The code base has been stable for a while now, so

think it is time to cut out a new 1.1 release before we start to implement further features and refactorings. A complete list of changes since the 1.0 releaes can be found here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/changes-report.html

I have created a release candidate, which can be inspected at
http://www.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.1rc1/ (the tag for 1.1RC1 is named CONFIGURATION_1_1RC1).

Here is my +1!

Oliver

Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren
Klinikum der Philipps-Universität Marburg
Baldingerstraße,
D-35037 Marburg
Tel: +49 6421 28-66923
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]