Michael Heuer wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Kevin A. Burton wrote:

Has annyone had a chance to take a look at the benchmark project I've
been working on?

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/benchmark/

I'm really happy with the way everything is turning out and I'd like to
move from the sandbox to proper so that I can do a release.

I am not an apache committer, so consider these comments appropriately,
but I do not feel that benchmark as-is should move to commons proper. A
checkstyle report should be generated, as there are lots of style and API
problems that I see, public fields, methods with no javadoc, wild-card
imports, package-level fields on a public abstract class, etc. Even if
the quality of the implementation is good, it doesn't look it at first
glance.

There are a few issues here:

I agree that javadoc should be updated. That was the first thing I would do prior to the move to is to run though all the methods and update the javadoc.

The public fields were intentional. I was going to blog a manifesto about javabean semantic considered harmful but I have yet had the time. That said I probably don't want to open that can of worms by having it conflict with the commit so I'll probably just update the code.

I don't disagree with the wild-card import issue though.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!
AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/