>>I prefer Apache Commons. I don't believe there is a great amount of linkage
>>between Jakarta and [EMAIL PROTECTED] anymore.

Well, everyone refers to Apache Jakarta Commons
just as "Commons" anyway ...but I think the java
linkage is quite strong.

The question is if you want to turn Jarkata Commons
into what Apache Commons was meant to be ...only
with quite some java components already in place.

...I think this depends on how many of the other
non-java projects think this is a good idea and
would contribute.

Otherwise it's probably not worth the effort.

cheers
--
Torsten