inspired by ceki's examples, i've been working on an extended systematic
analysis of the various classloader cases. there's demonstration code
for them as well as documentation. it's not complete but most of the
substantial cases address by ceki's document are covered. (the
unconventional context classloader cases highlighted by simon are
missing but they need a little more consideration.) i think that
developers should find it interesting and maybe a little educational. it
certainly help me think a lot more clearly about these issues.

my plan is to establish a baseline without fixing bugs so that
theoretical optimum behaviour can be compared to where JCL is now. it
includes configurations which cannot work in theory as well as those
which can.

i'm now trying to work out the best place and packaging for the source.
in some ways, it's not really JCL source and so in some ways, it doesn't
seem to belong in the JCL. on the other hand, i hope that it might be
useful for JCL advanced users and developers.so, there a temptation to
include it (perhaps within a subdirectory).

opinions?

- robert