James,

we keep those dependencies in the repository to make them easily available. So users that want to check out and compile HttpClient don't have to worry about getting them from somewhere. Yes, there is Maven. That's fine as long as it works, but we do not like to be dependent on the availability of the Maven remote repository. I figure the JAR names should reflect the actual version of the component, however.
James, could you point me to any ASF document that regulates storage of dependencies in the repository, please?

TIA

Ortwin Glück, HttpClient project

James Mitchell wrote:
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but I noticed this a while back.

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/lib/

I was under the impression that we are not supposed to keep this kind of stuff in svn....but I could be wrong.

 NOSE applied intelligence ag

 software engineer