Hi Rory,

Rory Winston wrote:
AFAIK, Discovery has been inactive for quite a while now. I dont know if you
will find any of the original developers still around, to be honest.

What exactly needs to be done here? Would an easy solution just be to package
up a Discovery-0.2-RC1 and make that .jar available?

There is a 0.2 already.

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/discovery/source/commons-discovery-0.2-src.tar.gz

However, this version has some bugs that prevents its use and people are resorting to some CVS snapshots that contain the patches that fix the bugs. For instance, ObjectWeb JOnAS is using a snapshot dated 27-Mar-2004.

JPackage.org and all Linux distrubutions based on it build their packages from sources, so what they are looking for is a

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/discovery/source/commons-discovery-0.3-src.tar.gz

(or 0.2.1) that contains the patches.

I believe ObjectWeb would also like to be able to download the .jar directly and I believe it should also go into the maven repository if it is being used by other Apache projects that have been mavenized.

Regards, Fernando

"Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org> wrote:

Hi everyone,