Gary,

Offhand I haven't a clue. I'll have to poke around and see if I can figure
it out. The docs at
http://people.apache.org/~stevencaswell/commons-lang-2.1/docs/apidocs/ came
from maven site:generate with Maven 1.0.2, so I'm a bit confused as to why
you get a different result.

A couple of questions. What is the JDK you are running the maven against?
and what op sys are you running it on. Not sure if either have any affect,
but it might be a place to start looking. My JDK is 1.4.2_08 and my op sys
is Windows XP.