Good news.

From Guillaume: "commons-discovery 0.3 is OK for me. I had used it for my nightly test, and all is OK"

Cheers,
Fernando

Rory Winston wrote:
Hi Simon,

Not at all, I appreciate your help. It all sounds good to me. I'm currently
waiting for a final confirmation from Fernando as to whether 0.3 fulfills his
needs, then we can tag and release. The vote has been  done already.

Cheers
Rory

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Rory,

As I said in an earlier email, I hope you don't mind me getting involved
in preparing for the Discovery release. No-one gave a -1...but I can
back out anything that you disagree with.

* I've checked the website (maven site:generate) and it all looks good.

* The release notes are complete, and there don't seem to be any
controversial changes since 0.2; all the patches seem reasonably
obvious.

* The unit tests all pass.

* project.properties has been updated so that no matter what JDK the
code is built with, a 1.1-compatible jar should result. Note, however,
that this doesn't check whether code uses libs not available in that JDK
distribution.

* there are quite a few errors reported when generating the javadoc,
 but I presume this is no worse than the 0.2 release, so personally
 I'm ok with releasing this as-is.

As far as I can see, it's now just a matter of creating a RC1 tag,
posting the jar and website somewhere, and calling a vote.

Of course I've never done a release before, so take that with a few
grains of salt :-)

Cheers,

Simon

-- Fernando Nasser Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300 Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9