From: Hans Gilde [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 1:48 AM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List'
Subject: RE: [jelly] SOLVED: Maven issue with Hans memory leak patch

Sorry not to be around so much any more. I got laid off and had to find a
new job.

I'm so sorry to say that my memory leak patch has a big flaw in it. It
should not have caused the tag to be improperly reused.

I'm happy to say that I have a fix (replacement), which is attached. This
patch should work without the fix to Maven.

I didn't like the tag cache for two reasons: (1) it practically guarantees
leaks for applications that use the current jelly and aren't expecting it
and (2) I thought I had a good solution, which has now taken much longer to
implement than I expected.

Paul, you probably know, but you can't disable caching in the current code,
because some kinds of tags rely on it. This is a big issue with Jelly.
However, in the next version (should we actually get there :), I agree that
the whole life cycle should be separated.