James Carman wrote:

> Suppose we do want to further pursue this (I think we should).  How would
> you recommend we set up the project?  Should we branch commons-collections
> off and start doing releases off of the JDK5 branch along side the main
> branch?

With a nod to "Rules for Revolutionaries" [1] I think it makes the most
sense to branch commons-collections.  This should be a lot easier process
now that the repository is in subversion.

The biggest obstacle to overcome is the lack of interested commons
committers to coordinate non-Apache developers, to merge different
implementations (there is a second 1.5 collections implementation at
collections15.sourceforge.net), and address some of the problem areas in
the generic conversion process, e.g. MultiMap.

   michael

[1]  http://incubator.apache.org/learn/rules-for-revolutionaries.html