I've been working on automating the the generation of javadoc for prior
releases for inclusion on the website.  The change involves adding a post goal
to the javadoc report goal.  The post goal performs a checkout from the
repository for a tagged version of the project.  Javadoc is then executed on
the checked out source, placing the generated HTML in a directory at the same
level as the default javadoc.

One downside to this change is that it requires using version 1.5-beta-3 of the
Maven SCM Plugin.  This is needed because prior versions do not support
Subversion.

If there are no objections, I will commit these changes.