From: Simon Kitching [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 5:36 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: RE: [lang] Release Candidiate 8 available

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 01:55 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Simon:
>
> You probably need to copy junit.jar to %ANT_HOME%\lib

Yep, that will make things work. But I'm questioning whether it is
reasonable for the lang 2.1 build process to require users to do this.
What is wrong with the old way of running junit?

Alternatively, according to the documentations the junit ant task will
work if the <classpath> tag is used to point to the junit jar. And there
is already a property defined for that, right? So maybe the build.xml
could be modified to provide an explicit taskdef for junit?

Below is an example from the FAQ:
   <taskdef name="junit"

class="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask">
      <classpath>
        <pathelement location="${junit.jar}"/>
        <pathelement location="NEW-HOME-OF/ant-junit.jar"/>
      </classpath>
    </taskdef>

Regards,

Simon