On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 22:12 -0400, Hans Gilde wrote:
> Well, targeting the 1.3 class file definition won't prevent it from using
> the rt.jar in your 1.5 JDK... thus possible compiling against an API that is
> in 1.3. In fact, this is not the case and I tried it... but just pointing it
> out.

Just a thought...

An option is to put something like this in the project.properties:

maven.junit.fork=true
maven.junit.jvm=/path/to/jvm12/bin/java

The code then gets compiled with the very best javac implementation
available (eg 1.5), but unit-tested using the lowest JVM supported. As
long as the unit tests have good coverage this should detect any
problems with code calling methods not available on the target JVM.

Regards,

Simon