One thing you should know is the algorithms implemented in "Numerical
Recipes" are copyrighted under terms that are incompatible with the Apache
license.  As such, commons-math can not contain any code derived from these
routines.  The precedent we have established is to not allow any code
developed using NR as a source and instead find alternate citations for the
algorithms detailed in NR.

I would suggest you change your focus from the PRNG routines laid out in NR
and research some other routines.  Two that come to my mind that have been
released under public domain terms are George Marsaglia's "The Mother of All
Random Number Generators" and the Mersenne Twister.

Brent Worden