[AARGH - I hate top-posting!!]

It certainly seems like email is generally ready for release.

I think one more RC and a new VOTE thread would be a good idea, as the
vote thread from december last year really can't be "continued" now :-).

Besides there are a few minor things that need fixing:

=== website
* navigation bar contains "CVS" entry (see xdocs/navigation.xml)
* welcome page:
  * site welcome page refers to CVS
  * build --> built
* in the examples page, "exmaples" --> "examples"
* I recommend disabling the following maven reports:
   * changelog
   * developer activity
   * file activity
  These reports are of questionable use. And all date-based selection
  is stuffed in the apache svn repository anyway, due to cvs imports,
  so the reports can contain incorrect data.

=== code
*  Why does method Email.setHeaders take a Hashtable parameter?
   If this is an attempt to get the Email class to support JVM1.1 it
   won't work because this class also uses interface List. I would
   definitely prefer to see this method take a Map.
*  Shouldn't MultiPartEmail.addPart return a MultiPartEmail object?
*  One of the MultiPartEmail.addPart methods is missing javadoc.

=== downloads
* the project.properties file has no "maven.compile.target" entry
  so what JVMs are supported will depend on what JVM was used to
  build the release. What exactly is the minimum JVM supported?
  Whatever it is, I would recommend adding maven.compile.target
  (and maven.compile.source) to the project.properties file *and*
  building the release with that JVM too.

* There is no RELEASE-NOTES.txt file.

=== other
I also see that Eric Pugh created a "tags/EMAIL_1_0" tag with message
"Release 1.0 based on voted 1.0 RC4" but I think this should be deleted.

Regards,

Simon