Torsten Curdt wrote:
The following problems are still on the TODO list

  o try/catch/finally
  o synchronized

plus the code just asks for a cleanup and improvements.
..and I wanted to do that while porting to ASM.

You mean, you'd like those clean ups and etc done to both the BCEL version and the ASM version?

I saw that the instrumentation algorithm can be probably optimized (for example, no need to instrument StringBuffer.append() operation, share the stack capturing code, etc) Now that I actually saw the decompiled byte code, I'm more willing to change it than before.

Hehe :) ..see?

You got me there. I think I'll study the code more closely.
I started to develop a few ideas, but I'm wondering if I should hold those off until the ASM port to complete.

TBH ...I admit I've missed that we can use the
instance from the stack. So you got a real good point!

So you convinced me to go ahead with the Runnable
approach. But still I am not to eager to have that
Fiber class in the codebase ...at least for now.

Can you live with that for the moment?

Yes, yes, yes! I really appreciate you let me do this.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]