Henri Yandell wrote:
I long since stopped using either the src or the binary download. I
get all my commons jars from either ibiblio or my local maven
repository, and I use the online javadoc. :)

Do you not use an IDE?

One of the main IDE advantages that I make use of is the ability to jump in to see the source code of the open source jar if necessary (mainly for debugging). This is particularly useful for libraries (less so for larger projects like Tomcat).

Stephen