Well, AFAIU the incubator is also about establishing a community
not only about legal safety - so that would apply here as well.

...but the whole progress might be a bit too much for a little
library project. That's why the commons sandbox still makes
sense. It's about smaller components NOT on the project level.

Well, I think the point was that this particular project wasn't a
library project, so not suited for commons.

Sorry my writing was misleading

...I just wanted to point out that
incubator not only exists due to
legal reasons. (actually I am not
sure if that was the main in reason
in the first place at all)
If it was, we would not need it
for internally started projects.

But to my understanding it is also
about establishing a healthy community.
So it does also make sense for
internally sponsored projects.
...given they have a reasonable
size.

So coming back to the original
topic of the thread

So it's a framework?

Yeah - incubator does make sense (to me)
...altough there are no legal issues.

cheers
--
Torsten