Out of curiosity, how would Sun know if you copy/pasted rather than writing
from scratch, assuming you use the same variable/method names or you
actually did copy/paste and changed some variable/method names? I don't know the legality of how that all works. I'm just wondering. How would they actually prove a violation when you're writing code that essentially
does the same exact thing?

Doing the same and looking the same are two
different things ...IANAL but in order to
avoid any possible problems it's probably
easier to just implement it from scratch
...or make it based on the ant code.

Over at legal-discuss you should be able to
get more information if you are interested.

cheers
--
Torsten