http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/proxy/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/proxy/ProxyFactory.java

http://proxytoys.codehaus.org/javadoc/com/thoughtworks/proxy/ProxyFactory.html

> The important things are:
> "commons-proxy" works on a javassist implementation

Nobody provided a ProxyFactory impl based on JavaAssist for ProxyToys yet :)

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/proxy/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/proxy/provider/

> proxytoys has interesting goodies called "toys"

Decoration is the toy for interceptors, but they don't follow AOP Alliance
(at least yet). Personally I have no experiance with AOP though.

> (btw: why do you call the methods "object" there?):

Can't say, I did not invent this ... so it's historical :)

> http://proxytoys.codehaus.org/javadoc/com/thoughtworks/proxy/toys/
>
> Maybe it would be possible to bring both together, but it may start and
> fall by the political classpath thingy. I personally would always trust
> a classpath "org.apache.commons.proxy" more thant "com.*" (even
> thoughtworks produced a lot of great stuff such as XStream).

This is not my decision, but I might address this.

> On the other hand proxytoys might already be in use so changing the
> classpath might not be an option.

but it's not 1.0 yet :)

> However this one is not up to me.

.. and not only to me, I am also not a ThoughtWorker.

- Jörg