On 8/28/05, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How do I set up Commons Proxy for nightly builds?  Do I have to "gump-ize"
> it?

Nightly builds for most of the Commons Proper and Commons Sandbox
projects are built on my personal desktop machine and then uploaded
(yes, it should really be on ASF hardware somewhere ... nobody has yet
had the time to set that part up).

The basic requirement is that the project be added to the
"commons-trunk" or "commons-sandbox" (as appropriate) svn:externals
property (which I have done), and that an "ant clean dist" in the
package directory will create the relevant artifacts.  Here we have a
problem with proxy, since it appears to require JDK 1.5.  I can't just
switch the version use to compile all the other projects unless they
explicitly declare a "target" attribute in their build scripts (to
avoid creating 1.5 classes that won't actually run in earlier JVMs).

I'll need to do some surgery on my build scripts to take into account
Commons packages that require 1.5 ... it'll likely take a couple of
days.

Craig McClanahan