On 10/23/05, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> are there any pool developers out there with time to pick this up?
>
> otherwise, we could probably do with a volunteer to go through and
> analyse these issues. anyone fancy taking a crack at this?

I'm not a pool dev but I'll make some time to implement fixes for the
problems Mayur Naik found and submit patches.

While I'm at it would it be desirable to transition to the privately
head lock idiom to defend against intentionally malicious code? eg to
defend against:

synchronized (aPool) {
 Thread.sleep(Integer.Max_Value);
}

by making anything that synchronized on this synchronize on a private field.

--
Sandy McArthur

"Government big enough to supply everything you
need is big enough to take everything you have ...
The course of history shows that as a government
grows, liberty decreases." -- Thomas Jefferson