On 11/22/05, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've refreshed the Commons Resources site, sorted most the checkstyle
> issues
> and sorted a couple of build issues. AFAIK its pretty much ready for a
> release. except for a couple of things:
>
> 1) Quite a few methods are declaring in the javadoc that they throw
> RuntimeExceptions, which are coming out on the checkstyle:
>    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/resources/checkstyle-report.html
>
> My preferenc is to removed these, but I can understand why they were put
> in.
> Opinions?

I think the code should say what it means. ;-) Looking at Resources.java,
the init() and destroy() methods declare that they throw ResourcesException
(and Javadoc that). All of the other methods do not declare that they throw
that exception, but the Javadocs say they do. If they really do (or can),
then they should declare that. If they don't, then we should remove the
Javadocs.

My tuppence.

--
Martin Cooper

2) Rahul raised an issue with JDBCResources on the commons-user list: