On 11/25/05, Frank W. Zammetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can see where the Dojo parsing methods *will* make life easier... but
> in just quickly glancing at the dojo.xml.domUtil methods, it only looks
> like slightly more convenience than doing it myself.

I was referring more to dojo.xml.Parse than to domUtil. I didn't mean to
suggest that this would supplant a Digester in JavaScript, but it could
provide a foundation for such a thing.

By the way, is there more documentation online than the API outline
> (http://dojotoolkit.org/docs/apis/index.shtml)?  That's not telling me a
> whole lot, and I'd hate to miss something cool just because I was
> looking in the wrong place :)

There are quite a few .rest files in SVN, including two on the XML parsing
system here:

http://dojotoolkit.org/svn/dojo/trunk/documents/manual/rest/xml

I don't believe these docs are up on the web site yet, so you may have to
make do with the .rest files for now (which isn't so bad - they're even
readable without processing). The docs are the focus of the upcoming 0.2drop.

There's also a description on the wiki, here:

http://dojo.jot.com/Parser

--
Martin Cooper

I've always felt that the Digester rules model, even though I have to