robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 15:09 +0000, Tim Roberts wrote:
> > +1 I support creating a functors library (but not necessarily called
> > collections-functors).
> >
> > Rational:
> > I think functors are a powerful approach to software design, under
> > represented (in java) and non-standardised. I would like to see functors
> > (sandbox) integrated and have a common interface set (and would like to help
> > with such an undertaking). In addition to reducing the size of collections
> > developers would, IMO, like to be able to use functors separately from
> > collections.
>
> i'm beginning to suspect that there are number of secret functor users
> out there...
>
> a lack of community prevented the functor component progressing from the
> sandbox. perhaps times have changed and there may be now enough
> momentum. would need a committer with enough time as well as enough
> interested developers...
>
> opinions?

I think maybe you stated that backward -- the fact that the functor
component was in the common sandbox may have prevented [functor] from
gathering a community.  How can a sandbox component gather users without a
release?

There is a lot of functor-related activity out there:

Functor Objects (Wiki)
> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?FunctorObject

Blocks In Java (Wiki)
> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?BlocksInJava