On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 00:51 -0500, Sandy McArthur wrote:
> Since my last update I've made some performance improvements and made
> my composite object pool both serializable and cloneable.
>
> I've  improved the construction so that the internal List that holds
> idle objects is either an ArrayList or a LinkedList based on which
> will give the best performance. An ArrayList is used when the max
> number of idle object is small (under 10) or when the pool is a LIFO.
> When it makes sense to use an ArrayList it can improve the composite
> object pool performance by as much as 7% compared to only using
> LinkedLists which is cool.

+1

> When implementing Serializable and Cloneable I decided it doesn't make
> sense for deserialized/cloned instances to share or have a copy of
> active or idle objects. This limits these features to little more than
> a method to save a object pool's configuration or as a way to acquire
> a similarly configured object pool.

+1

> I can currently think of no other improvements to the implementation.
> Feedback welcomed. I'm just waiting on my employer's lawyers before
> the code can go into the incubator.

great :)

i can confirm that your CLA has been received and logging by jim. so,
just waiting for the CCLA now...

the source won't actually go into the incubator so much as through it:
in the case of an external donation to an existing project, the
incubator just acts to ensure that the legal paperwork is in order and
is recorded in the right place. the good news is that the process seems
to have been sorted out now.

- robert