On 12/6/05, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I probably wouldn't choose a component in the "sandbox" to start off with.
> If I were you, I'd start with one of the more popular commons components
> from the "proper."  You might try Collections, Lang, BeanUtils, or Digester.
> Those are the ones that I've found most useful on the typical project.

<snip/>

True, OTOH, Chris, if [compress] has taken your fancy, please go for
it. All Commons components are looking for volunteers. While picking
up one that is less "popular" might mean longer response times on
mailing lists or in Bugzilla, if you take up "spreading the word" as a
challenge, I'm sure you'll find much joy along the way as well.

-Rahul