My idea was not that it should be exclusively based on the 'loose'
model, but rather that the loose model would be provided by all
interfaces, in addition to the constrained one.

So SvnCheckout could have it's port set by using setAttribute("port",
"123") (which would be provided by the top interface), or by using
setPort(123) (which would be provided by the SvnCheckout interface).

Rather sofisticated reflection or bytecode engineering is a problem the
moment it requires permission that might not be allowed in certain
situations (Applets).

HHmmm... but now that i think about it, we can have 2 interfaces, one
which is the parent one for all actions/services, and another one for
services that expose a 'loose' interface... What do you think ?