Hi

jerome lacoste wrote:
I had some changes in mind compared to my original design proposal, to
make it simpler.

So I am willing to help you design & test this API/implementation and
make sure it works with CruiseControl.

Great!

I don't want to duplicate efforts so I would prefer a coordinator on
that. Should I take back my original proposal and clean it up? Should
we start from scratch?

I'll be happy to coordinate the efforts here. Did you have time to look at the quick draft I sent out last week in this thread?

When it comes to designing the API I would be happy to start from scratch if that makes it any easier for the users of the library. I think we should strive for a simple API, in line with the XOM design principles [1]. I especially would like us to follow "As simple as it can be and no simpler", "There’s exactly one way to do it" and "Do not allow clients to do bad things". I don't think the current code fits with any of these so there is some work to be done.

Whatever the proposal, I want to see code examples to see how it would
work in practise.

Agreed, what would be the requirements for use within CC?

/niklas

[1] http://www.xom.nu/designprinciples.xhtml

-------
Niklas Gustavsson