On 3/7/06, Sandy McArthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First, I don't think a compress project does much new. VFS already
> seems to provide read-only access to common archive types. The JDK
> comes with read-write support for Zip and Gzip files. And Ant has
> read-write support for Zip, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2 and maybe others.

VFS uses compress for that I thought?
JDK has read-entire/write-entire, rather than the ability to add,remove etc.
Ant's code is [compress], it was pulled out of there.

However, what do people think about:

https://truezip.dev.java.net/

It appears to target the compress goals, is an active project(?) with
releases, and most importantly uses a sane license (ASL). I'm not sure
how much of a one-man show it is; but maybe we could be helping out
there rather than trying to create something out of [compress].

Hen

Hen