> My position is that as you're working on a chunk of code, clean it up
> to whatever you like but DO NOT go changing code just for cosmetic
> sake.

Fair enough.

Personally, I like the idea that a release has a uniform look and feel,
it give me the feeling that I am dealing with a /coherent whole/, not a
bunch of unrelated little piles. This is of course, only based on the
look of the code, but it seems important to me, especially when the
source is open and part of the public face of the product.

My 2c,
Gary

Sandy