If I write it, I can have the Trails project use it probably (I'm a
committer).  Do we just have to have clients who are interested in the
project or do we also need more than one developer to work on it?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin
Cooper
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:42 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: Commons Metadata?

On 3/8/06, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, what's the next step here?  Do I need more votes?  Do I need to have a
> formal [PROPOSAL] prior to adding the starting the project in the sandbox?

Technically, you don't need any votes. What you do need to consider, though,
is whether or not there is, or will be, enough interest that you'll be able
to form a community around the code. If that doesn't happen, then the
component won't get out of the sandbox, and  therefore won't be able to
release.

So far, I see only one person expressing interest. If it were me, I don't
think I'd proceed with code at this point. But then it's not me, it's you,
so it's really your call. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper