On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 18:30 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> >> Could we publish menus.dtd at a fixed URL and solve the problem that way?
> >
> > Well, this works. Change the relative declaration at the top of the
> > navigation.xml to this:
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE org.apache.commons.menus SYSTEM
> > 'http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/build/maven-build.dtd'>
> >
> > And change &common-menus to &commons. And Voila! Now commons-io has no
> > dependency on commons-build.
>
> Cool!

A different approach to this problem would be to publish commons-build
as a maven "bundle" to ibiblio. The build could then declare a
"dependency" on this bundle, and unpack it into the site being built.

Ant builds could presumably use "ant get" to download it, though that's
not as elegant as maven's dependency declaration.

Cheers,

Simon