On 4/26/06, Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
> > I know Jelly are on Jira already, and Struts have just moved over to
> > Jira. Wondering what the view is nowadays on Commons moving to Jira?
> >
> I am -1 on moving to jira.
>
> I dont understand why we - the open source developers and our users -
> should help testing a commercial application.
> And given that even for a mid-size company the minimum required license
> is the "professional" one - and its update policy - it is a rather
> expensive thing.
>
> Also I dont understand whats the great benefit for us - compared to
> bugzilla - that we act as a marketing plattform for jira.
>
> Sorry if I completely missed the point. Do not hesitate to correct me.
> Ciao,
> Mario

It doesn't make sense to be this adverse to commercial software if you
agree with the ASL. If you truly have a distaste for commercial
software then the GPL is probably more fitting with your goals.

+0 I'm not that familar with Jira so I won't take a strong position
but I'm all for removing bariers from getting stuff done. If Jira lets
people do more with less effort then I'm all for it.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine