Henri Yandell wrote:
On 4/25/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I know Jelly are on Jira already, and Struts have just moved over to
Jira. Wondering what the view is nowadays on Commons moving to Jira?

Except for Mario's -1, things seem to be +1 so far which I must admit
is a bit of a surprise :)

Given this positive feedback so far, I'm going to email the infra@
mailing list to see how they would go about doing it _if_ we decided
we wanted to move.

I think we should be moving from 1 project with 37 components to 37
projects - it'll allow us to manage the components individually of
each other without the kind of version overlap and general noise
issues that we currently have.

+1 for that.

We have 3,000 issues, which isn't a big deal I think, but we'd be
wanting to add 37 new projects (and scoping to 100 let's say) which
might be a concern, and the migration would need to be customised to
map components to projects.

Maven uses a *lot* of projects in Jira - one for each plugin (~50 for Maven 2) plus a bunch more for the core. That makes things manageable on the project (=commons component) level.

Sometimes issues are moved between different plugins (=projects), so that is possible even if we use different projects for commons. Checking with infra seems like a good idea to get a well thought through strategy for the migration.

Hen

--
Dennis Lundberg