On 4/28/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/28/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I also find JHCHTTPCORE absolutely horrible. I chose this id as I
> thought it would be the most "politically correct" one. I would very
> much rather prefer HTTPCORE or JHTTPCORE. Do you envisage a particular
> Jira id naming convention for Jakarta projects? At this point it is
> still not too late for us to scrap the project and start over with a
> different (better) project id.

I don't think it's important to have a scheme - it's just a project id
that is used in such a way that users are aware of it. HCO,  HTCO,
JHTC. Doesn't matter and I agree with the Atlassian advice on it being
a 3 or 4 letter code.

So:

LANG
IO
COLL
CODX (though tempting to go with 5 letters when it fits, CODEC etc)
ATTR
BEAN

etc.

Dunno if that matches with the infra@ view. Having something with 11
letters is a pain in the arse given that the only time I ever find
myself using the id is: a) to discuss something outside of Jira and b)
to enter into the find box in the top right.

...and commit messages - since jira can link to commits if you put the
issue number in the commit message. My preference would be something
more relevant rather than 3/4 characters (e.g. I prefer BEANUTILS to
BEAN) - also what about filtering for the jira messages sent to the
list - again wouldn't e.g. BEANUTILS be better?

Struts recently moved to jira - apparently this can't be changed once
its set - so it needs to be right from the start.

Niall

Hen