In Maven 2.1, it will be able to correlate between the two, but currently they'll end up in there twice.

I'd suggest when a release first does this, it's going to need to move all the old versions to the new group ID, and add a relocation for the original group IDs to get it to work, as you've indicated here. It would be a good idea to do a test on this first, of course.

- Brett