On 6/21/06, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/21/06, jerome lacoste <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've submitted a patch some days ago and am waiting for comments (DBCP-175).
>
> In the mean time, I've had a look at the status of DBCP. Some notes:
>
> - no release since 2004
>
> - there are 10+ issues marked UNRESOLVED but with a Resolved status in
> Jira. Could be cleaned up.
>
> - althought I don't have many problems with DBCP myself, I've seen
> issues of various types in Jira: NPEs, leaks, thread related issues,
> class loading issues, equals()/hashcode() issues etc... Pretty scary
> to me :)
>
> So I think it is time to decide what to do next...
>
> Should there be a 1.2.2 release? A 1.3? Who's involved today in DBCP ?

I have been slowly plowing through the issues and have posted a
release plan on the wiki here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/DBCP/1%2e2%2e2ReleasePlan

OK I am relieved :)

> I can help triaging those issues, sending patches to fix some of them,
> but I don't want to send patches that will stay in Jira for years.

Please, please keep the patches coming.  I am reviewing the ones you
submitted and will update Jira / apply in the next day or two.  Any
one else interested and knowledgeable of [dbcp] code base, pls chime
in.  Also, pls update the Wiki page to reflect any opinions that you
have on which bugs absolutely must get fixed in 1.2.2.

Your plan sounds very good. Only question is why not using Jira in the
first place to target issues?

DBCP-128 should probably be fixed later as it will probably require to
change the implementation of equals and hashcode. You never know what
this might break...

DBCP-68 was committed. See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-68#action_12411844

Cheers,