Henri Yandell wrote:
Anyone know of any half-finished code in there at the moment?

I think I'm on record for saying that the VariableFormatter class doesn't quite fit as is IMHO. But I've not spelt out why, so here goes...

At a minimum, I'd like to see MapVariableResolver packge scoped.

However, I thnk I'd rather see VariableResolver changed to be a more general StrLookup class rather like StrMatcher. That way it could be used equally as well independent of VariableFormatter.

public class StrLookup {
  String lookup(String key);

  // package scoped implementation for Map
}

You could envisage other (non [lang]) accessors such as OGNL, EL, XPath or perhaps ones that accessed a List of strings by index.

The key point is that this shouldn't be limited to just VariableFormatter in the same way that StrMatcher isn't limited to StrTokenizer. Separation of Concerns.

Stephen