On 7/19/06, Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Henri!
> Any idea why VFS isn't building (passing its tests) at the moment?
The VFS tests require a special server setup with some services active
like samba, ftp, etc.
I have a VMWare image with all setup, but didnt find a location in
Apache were we can start it for the build tests.

So for VFS we have to disable the tests. I propose to use
-Dmaven.test.skip=true for now. Maybe later we can have a look to create
a maven profile to separate the local tests and network tests. Then we
can have at least the local tests with the nightly builds.

The build nightly build script could be hacked to do this for VFS, but
I would prefer to see it fixed in svn, or made to work in one of the
following ways

1) Change project.xml or project.properties to omit the tests that fail
2) Change the tests classes to detect the necessary environment setup
and skip the test cases depending on missing services
3) Find a way to mock the required services

I think 2) or 3) would be helpful for developers who want to build VFS.

Another thing we can look into is getting the vmbuild server
configured so that the tests will run.  As long as this can be done
securely, and you have some docs (or script) on what to do, I can help
with that.

Phil