Mario Ivankovits wrote:

After this, neither file exists anymore.... That could cause some
major head-aches...
Works here (on linux) you are on windows, no?
right now testing on OSX; but across linux/windows/osx most of the time.
The idea is to be able to rename the case of a file.. (even if in some cases
the FS itself is not case sensitive; but case preserving).
Do you mean, the file is physically lost, or only logical in the FileObject.
If its physical lost, then I'd please you to check it using plain
java.io.File.renameTo - VFS should not delete the file.
it's _physically_ lost; the code deletes the target file first...
Maybe you can debug through AbstractFileObject.moveTo - it should enter
"if (canRenameTo(destFile))" - and there is only a renameTo in the end.
Strange.

I have no windows running now, maybe on monday I should be able to check
it myself.
I'll try to dig a bit deeper to see what's going on...

Cheers,
- Filip

Ciao,
Mario