I thought I remembered being part of a conversation about having
implementation jars and an API jar.  But, I have kind of fell out of the
loop a bit w.r.t. JCL.  Did that ever come to fruition?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Torsten Curdt
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 12:10 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [logging] Tapestry and JCL

> "A pretty common complaint is that commons-logging is a problem. It does
> some wierd and awkward class loading things that ultimately result in
memory
> leaks.

Well, it's probably not me to answer (Simon?) but AFAIU most of these
things were addressed with the last release of JCL. What's left is
basically a bad reputation to live with. A more separated/clean
approach is planned for a 2.0 release. But I think so far this has
only been discussed.

cheers
--
Torsten