On 8/10/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Feel free to use [csv] as a test case if you want. I'm ready to delete
the maven-1 stuff

I don't see why we should do that (delete maven 1 builds) for a while.

and be fully on maven-2; I just deployed the site
from maven-2 and it looks good.

I'm going to go ahead and extract a jakarta-pom out of the
commons-sandbox one, and then make a commons-proper pom. Just to make
your life more difficult :)

Hen

One problem that I am running into is that the "finalName" parameter
in the assembly docs does not seem to work from the command line, so I
can't use the same trick that I did for the maven 1 builds to get the
timestamp shoved into the artifact names.  Also, since I will be using
the deploy goal to publish the snapshot jars instead of copying them
manually (at least I hope to do it this way), the updating symlinks
strategy to keep a -SNAPSHOT link pointing to the latest nightly while
a weeks worth stay available in the repo will not work.  So, for maven
2, it would be simpler if we just agreed to use "overwrite" semantics
- i.e., only one jar published, overwritten every night.  I guess I
could munge the names manually for the tarballs and keep a week's
worth around in /nightlies.

Sound OK?

Phil