Craig McClanahan wrote:
On 9/1/06, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
We also need to definitively settle the artifact naming conventions
and think carefully about the impact of relocating the fileupload jar.

I *think* the following strategy will deal with this situation ... and
should generic to all the commons packages:

* If version x.y.z of Commons package "foo" is published as Maven artifact
 "commons-foo:commons-foo:x.y.z", publish an *additional* copy of that
 same version under "org.apache.commons.foo:commons-foo:x.y.z".

* For all future versions, use only the"org.apache.commons" group id.

That way, we won't disrupt current Maven-based users of the current
versions, and we also don't have to wait until each individual package revs
to publish versions under the new id. Users who are updating their projects to depend on a new version number can easily update the group id at the same
time.

Does that make any sense?

Phil

Craig

I've documented the procedure for doing this here:

  http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html

--
Dennis Lundberg