Steve

Sorry, I should have been more specific

1) Yes, there will be two separate branches of development. At the moment, the trunk is the 1.x branch, whereas there is a separate branch for JDK 5.0 dev. We can keep this the way it is, or swap the trunk and branch at some stage.

2) We need two sites, for sure. I think an easy way would be to do the separate Maven 1 (1.x codebase) and Maven 2.0 (2.x codebase) builds, and just put a link from one site to the other in the Maven menus. Otherwise, if Maven 2 can handle this kind of situation out of the box, we should move the 1.x build over to Maven 2 as well.What do you think?

Hope this helps
Rory

Steve Cohen wrote:
Rory Winston wrote:
OK, seeing as we have reached some kind of consensus on how to handle backards-incompatible JDK releases, I'm restarting the vote for a release of Commons::Net 2.0 (the JDK 5.0 branch).

As per usual, just respond with

+1
+0
-0
-1

Thanks
Rory

Sorry, Rory, but I think you need to express the consensus that you think we are voting on. You haven't done that. "release of Commons::Net 2.0 (the JDK 5.0 branch)" doesn't get to the heart of all the issues.

1: Are there two "official" branches or is 1.4.x relegated to "backward compatibility mode"? I would insist that there be two branches until Sun puts 1.4.x into EndOfLife mode.

2. Is the site going to be organized to reflect the two branches?

If those two points are part of your "motion", I'm +1. Otherwise, I'm -1.

Steve