Jörg Schaible wrote:
Jochen Wiedmann wrote on Monday, October 16, 2006 12:25 PM:

On 10/16/06, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

can you (or anyone else) tell my, why there's a
configuration for the IDEA plugin included, especially
setting JDK to 1.3? Some commons are no longer JDK 1.3 specific ...

Basically, I have no problems with adding IDE specific stuff to the
POM. But that's my personal opinion and I am an Eclipse user.

it was not the IDEA plugin, that attracted my attention, just the JDK
specificaion.

The jdkLevel configuration is *not* used for compiling in IDEA. It sets the "level" of JDK that IDEA recognizes in your source code. As an example setting it to "1.5" would make IDEA react to improper use of the enum keyword, through IDEA's error highlighting.

--
Dennis Lundberg