Von: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. November 2006 23:09
An: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Betreff: Re: VFS FTP Problem with Text data

Hi Moerk!
> I tried to use vfs to get some textfiles from a unix host to a windows
> network drive on a regular basis.
> The problem is that the transfer program doesn't take care aobout the
> different CR (0x0A-->0x0D 0x0A) commands between Unix and Windows I found
> that the FTP Conection is alwyas started in FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE) that
> doesn't support the conversion of CR in ftp.

Eventually it is possible to extend the FtpFileSystemConfigBuilder with such an
option, though, another possibility is to use a BufferedReader and a
PrintWriter to do the conversation on "client side", no?
Simply readline the file and writeln it should do the trick too ... will work
not only with ftp and in conjunction with an InputStreamReader you can deal
with charset conversion at the same time ...
Since the BufferedReader will use a (configureable) buffer to read the file
there should be no huge performance penalty.

What do you think?

Ciao,
Mario