On 11/25/06, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 09:48 -0800, Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 11/23/06, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > no further reports so i'll move towards a vote soon
> >
> > Sorry Robert, kept meaning to look at the rc, but not finding time -
> > couple of comments:
> >
> > 1) The "xdocs" are missing from the source distro

applied

> > 2)  Adding "scope" elements to the xerces, xml-apis and junit
> > dependencies in the project.xml will probably help maven 2 downstream
> > users by not pulling in those dependencies
>
> Really important catch.

applied

is there anyway to get the maven folks to take a look at the project.xml
before it's released rather than afterwards?

You might trying pinging Carlos Sanchez - hes given feedback on
improving the project.xml to help m2 in the past.

I asked Wendy Smoak (who knows way more about maven/m2 than me) to
look at these "scopes" and she thinks they look good.

Niall

> > 3) Don't know why, but everyone seems to have changed mail archive
> > from eyebrowse
>
> Eyebrowse be dead.

yep. applied

> > 4) Add md5 checksums to the build would make creating the release easier.
>
> Wouldn't for me :)

yeh - i prefer to use the scripts

thanks for the review

i've cut an RC3