I'd like to see it made clear in the release notes that digester 1.8 will work
fine with the same dependencies as 1.7, ie that people can upgrade digester.jar
without updating anything else. Of course we can *recommend* more modern libs,
but knowing a simple upgrade works is very important.

<snip/>

Agreed, good point. I've updated that section of release notes
further, please take a look [1]. Feel free to improve if you find it
lacking ATM.

I'm also worried about a dependency on 1.1.0 due to the bad maven2 pom. Won't
this pull in all the concrete logging libs if someone depends on JCL? I don't
have time to verify this right now, but believe it's true. If so, I would
definitely prefer to point to 1.0.4 over 1.1.0.

<snap/>

IMO, its OK. See related response to this on the RC1 thread (and I
agree with Craig's response in this thread).

Flying back tonight, RC2 in ~24 hours.

-Rahul

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/digester/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Regards,

Simon

---- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Author: rahul
> Log:
> Advertised dependencies are not the same as 1.7 (though any previous set will still
work). Thanks to Niall Pembertion <niall DOT pemberton AT gmail DOT com>.