Ok, I think we have enough +1's then on this to move forward.  From what
I've been able to determine, the Jakarta commons is likely the best
catcher for this.

I'm not all that familiar with the process of getting a new commons
project up and running so it would be excellent if someone with more
experience in that area could step up and help guide the process.
Following the Abdera 0.2.0 release (and likely following the Christmas
holiday) I will start to extract out the IRI/Unicode stuff into it's own
package so it can be easily migrated over to the commons repository.

- James